Thursday, May 17, 2007

In My Grandma's Flower Garden

I finally finished my flower garden, and managed to use every suggestion received--the large block was trimmed, but left and I added a border. Although I wasn't sure about that, it turned out to work as it made the piece look more dramatic and kind of tied it all together. Think of it as a mat, not a border and it's fine!

I've also been playing around with fabric dying using acrylic paints. Kind of fun. Here is a bit of what I've done. I like the purplish one. Paint was poured over fabric in a ziploc bag and all the air squished out. Then it was left to sit for about 20 minutes for the paint to absorb. It has a cosmic look to it. I might overprint the green ones, or maybe sunprint or stamp or something as they look a bit dull so far. Okay, off to play some more!